With the opioid crisis in full swing, more and more people are looking for help with their addiction. As people seek for help regarding their mental health, health insurance which covers addiction treatment are in high demand.
But how can you be sure that you’re getting the best possible coverage for your needs? In this blog post, we will discuss how to compare health insurance plans for addiction treatment so that you can get the coverage that you need.
Key services to look for in a substance abuse treatment insurance
People get health insurance for various reasons. Some people want to be covered in case they get sick, while others want to be covered in case of an accident. But when it comes to substance abuse treatment, there are a few key factors that you should look for in a health insurance plan. What services should you look as you know how to compare health insurance plans for addiction treatment? Here are some crucial service coverage for that you will need as to support your mental health and journey to your substance abuse recovery.
1. Detoxification Services
Make sure that the insurance plan covers detoxification services. This is the first and most important step in drug addiction treatment, and you want to make sure that your insurance plan will cover this.
2. Inpatient and outpatient services
Once you have detoxed from the substance, you will need to find a place to live while you recover. Certain drug and alcohol addiction cases can also benefit from medical and surgical services. Some people prefer inpatient care, while others prefer outpatient care if not even required. Make sure that your insurance plan covers both so that you can choose the option that is best for you.
3. Aftercare services
Once you have completed your inpatient or outpatient treatment, your journey is not yet fully done. You will need to get continuous support for your full mental health recovery. For example, you will need to find a place to live and a job so that you can support yourself. Make sure that your insurance plan covers aftercare services so that you can get the help you need to transition back into society.
These are just a few of the factors you should consider when looking for an insurance plan that covers addiction treatment. By taking the time to compare plans, you can be sure that you’re getting the best possible coverage for your needs.
How To Compare Health Insurance Plans For Addiction Treatment?
Now that we have discussed some of the key services to look for in an addiction treatment insurance plan, let’s talk about how to compare plans.
The first thing you need to do is gather information about the different plans that are available. You can do this by talking to your doctor or by getting relevant information online. Once you have gathered information about the different plans, you need to compare the coverage that each plan offers. Make sure to look at the deductibles, co-pays, and out-of-pocket costs.
After you have compared the coverage of the different plans, you need to decide which plan is best for you. Be sure to consider your needs and budget when making your decision.
By taking the time to compare health insurance plans for alcohol and substance abuse treatment, you can be sure that you’re getting the best possible coverage for your needs. By doing this, you can focus on your recovery and transition back into society.
Other essential health benefits to consider when getting an insurance
Aside from specific factors to consider when looking for an insurance ideal for drug and alcohol addiction, there are general considerations to take into account while hunting for an insurance plan that caters general essential health benefits.
Now that we have discussed how to compare health insurance plans for addiction treatment, let’s talk about how to save on your premiums.
There are a few things you can do to save on your premiums:
- Shop around for the best rates. Insurance companies offer different rates for their plans, so it’s important to shop around to find the best rate for your needs. Some insurance companies that are known for their best rates are Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
- Ask about discounts. Some insurance companies offer discounts for certain things, such as being a non-smoker or having a healthy lifestyle.
- Consider a higher deductible. A higher deductible means that you will have to pay more out of pocket if you need to use your insurance, but it also means that you will save on your premium.
2. Amount Coverage
The ideal insurance coverage is different for everyone. How much you need will depend on your situation and needs.
Here are some things to consider when deciding how much coverage you need:
- How often you will use your insurance? If you only plan on using your insurance for alcohol and substance abuse treatment, then you might not need as much insurance coverage as someone who plans on using their insurance for other medical needs as well.
- How much can you afford to pay out of pocket? If you have a limited budget, then you might want to consider a plan with a higher deductible so that you can save on your premium.
- What are your other options? If you have other insurance plans, such as a family member’s plan, then you might not need as much insurance coverage.
3. Hospital or mental health treatment center recognition
Especially if you already have a treatment facility in mind, it is important to check if the health insurance company is recognized by such. Insurance companies usually have affiliated providers.
Find out if you have a reasonable number of mental health and substance facility options around your area or where can you go for detox, inpatient, and outpatient programs that are included in your network. Do also note that there can be tie-ups between various mental health services administration and private insurance plans.
If the treatment facility you’re eyeing is not included in your health insurance provider or plan’s network, check how much more you will be shouldering out of pocket. In some cases, it might be cheaper to just pay for the drug addiction treatment services out of your own pocket than get an insurance that does not cover the treatment center you need.
Not everyone is eligible for alcohol addiction treatment insurance (or any type of private insurance coverage). How much coverage you can get and how much it will cost you will depend on your eligibility.
There are a few things that will affect your eligibility:
- Your age. Insurance companies typically offer more coverage to younger people.
- Your physical health. If you have a pre-existing condition aside from your mental health, you might not be eligible for some plans.
- Your lifestyle. If you live a lifestyle that is considered to be high risk (other than of course, drug or alcohol addiction), such as being a smoker, you might not be eligible for certain type of plans.
Some health insurance companies offer add-ons to their plans. These add-ons can cover things such as mental health, substance abuse, and more. If you think you might need coverage for these things, then you should check to see if the health insurance company offers them.
Applying For Coverage
Have you found the right insurance that will support both your physical and mental health needs? Ready to apply? Here are a few things you need to do once you’re ready to apply for coverage from a private insurance company:
- Prepare your information. When you’re ready to apply for coverage, you’ll need to have some information handy, such as your Social Security number and birth date.
- Choose a plan. Once you’ve gathered your information, you’ll need to choose a plan that fits your needs. If still undecided, you can confer with the insurance representative to dissect more info. With some insurance even have special plans aside from the standard packages they advertise. You can also ask for those.
- Contact the insurance sales agent. If you have not done yet, it is time to contact the insurance sales agent. They will help you with the application process and answer any questions you might have.
- Apply for coverage. After you’ve chosen a plan, you can apply for coverage by filling out an application. You’ll need to wait for your insurance company to approve your application and start your coverage period. This can take a few weeks, so be patient.
What types of mental health rehabilitation programs accept health insurance?
Many private rehabilitation programs will accept coverage as long as their treatment covers specific patient plans. Although most of the medical detox programs are covered as mandated by the Affordable Care Act, certain plan still requires exceptions. Often, certain drug and alcohol health insurance plans may exclude certain types of programs, including those nonmedical.
The beyond comfort benefits of Luxury Treatment Centers
A luxury treatment facility has been gaining popularity nowadays because of its positive success rate in rehabilitation. It makes patients feel that they are not even in a treatment center but more like staying in a five-star hotel. This is beneficial in helping a patient recover form mental health and substance use conditions. The environment plays a significant role in the healing process because it can help soothe and relax the mind and body, which are both essential in overcoming addiction.
Albeit its exclusion from required insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act, The good news is, there are private insurance programs that also cover luxurious drug rehab. Services like health and wellness, beauty treatments, holistic mental health treatment are part of the coverage. Although the premium can be more costly, it is worth the investment because of the comfort and behavioral health benefits that luxury drug rehab gives to patients.
Comparing health insurance plans for addiction treatment can be tricky. But by following the tips on how to compare health insurance plans for addiction treatment above, you can be sure to find a health insurance coverage that fits your needs and budget. And always remember, there is no shame in seeking help for your addiction. Treatment centers like luxury drug rehab is a compelling option to treat your mental health condition and get your life back on track. All it takes is the willingness to seek help and make a change.
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please reach out for help. Treatment centers like luxury drug rehab can offer you the comprehensive care you need to overcome your addiction and get your life back on track. Don’t wait, reach out for help today.